Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 15, 2010

Visual Literacy: PhotoShop



In our EME2040 class, we were asked to make a project in Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program. You can do things as basic as changing font and rotating it to cutting pictures out and placing them in a new one. For example, take the picture above; I removed the sky from the original picture (the bridge) and added a new pretty, fun blue sky. I also added the phone booth, and Flat Stanley. This project was suppose to display the talents we learned in class as well as a talent we found online. 
I think having knowledge within Photoshop will definitely come in handy later on in life. Whether its within my intended profession or just the fact that you can edited pictures and make them fun! I would love to be able to take pictures at community service events and put them on photoshop, edit them, and create a fun montage of what we've accomplished. Or even create an exciting flier to get people out to our events. I would really like to use photoshop to create our family christmas card! I think it would be really fun and creative to take a normal picture and add color or background etc. I will be able to apply this knowledge within my major by being able to demonstrate my abilities for future employers. 

Below is a Youtube tutorial about Layers within Photoshop.




No comments:

Post a Comment